Horde3D is an open source 3D rendering engine.
Short description from the home page of Horde3D: Horde3D is a small open source 3D rendering engine. It is written in an effort to create a graphics engine that offers the stunning visual effects expected in next-generation games while at the same time being as lightweight and conceptually clean as possible. Horde3D has a simple and intuitive interface accessible from virtually any programming language and is particularly suitable for rendering large crowds of animated characters in next-generation quality.
The Horde3D project is supported by the University of Augsburg.
Building Horde3D on Mac OSX
Instruction are given here http://www.horde3d.org/wiki/index.php5?title=Building_Horde3D
Here is a summary:
- Install CMake from http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html.
- Download cmake-2.8.0-Darwin-universal.dmg.
- Install the cmake package. This creates an application file CMake 2.8-0.app in your Applications folder.
- Start the CMake application and follow the instructions. First select "Configure".
- If you get errors in the "Configure" step, repeat it. Select Xcode as target mode for the configuration and generation.
- Switch to Horde3D root directory and create a new directory in which the CMake output will be stored, for example CMake.
- Then Generate.