Books for learning C++ :
- Schildt, Herbert. 1998. C++: The Complete Reference. 3rd ed. Osborne/McGraw-Hill, August 1.
- Yang, Daoqi. 2001. C++ and object-oriented numeric computing for scientists and engineers. Springer.
- Philip Machanick: C and C++ in 5 days (notes downloadable in pdf from: http://www.stilson.net/C_C++.pdf, http://www.box.net/shared/static/qqtm40rory.pdf
Sites with links and resources for learning C++
- Bjarne Stroustrup's page on learning C++ (Stroustrup is the father of C++). This site contains links to central and excellent books. http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++.html#learning
- A site with links about C, C++ and operating systems basics: http://williamstallings.com/OS/OS5e.html